Come see us at One of a Kind Show Vancouver!
December 8-11 Vancouver Convention Center

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm a professionally-trained certified chef and I bake at home to order, teach cooking classes, cater parties, provide private chef service. Please simply click into link on your left to view my most recent menu. Feel free to contact me to enquire or order: chefwandachau@hotmail.com or 604.307.1802

Wednesday, November 17

Joy Luck Dragon Phoenix!

I've just entered the Cathay Pacific Art of Dessert Contest on facebook with my creation named Joy Luck Dragon Phoenix inspired by dim sum which consists four major parts. Starting from top to bottom; first, Ginger Soy Brown Sugar Panna Cotta which is tofu pudding with a twist. Secondly, Black Sesame Crepe Cake which reminds me of a thousand layered cake with a different filling and different pastry. It's black sesame pastry cream spreaded between layers of crepe. Third one is a Red Bean Meringue Cookie inspired by classic dessert Gao Li Dou Sha which is a deep-fried egg white dumpling filled with red bean paste. Last but not least, Poached Asian Pears with Jasmine, reminds me of a sweet soup my mom-in-law makes all the time. I poached the pears in rock sugar syrup infused with Jasmine. If you like my dessert creation please simply click on the heading of this post or go to http://www.facebook.com/cathaypacificUS?v=app_168465223167646 Click 'like' on Cathay Pacific US facebook page Under most recent submission, look for Wanda Chau, BC. Joy Luck Dragon Phoenix and click 'LIKE' and also 'SHARE' with your friends! Thanks!