Come see us at One of a Kind Show Vancouver!
December 8-11 Vancouver Convention Center

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm a professionally-trained certified chef and I bake at home to order, teach cooking classes, cater parties, provide private chef service. Please simply click into link on your left to view my most recent menu. Feel free to contact me to enquire or order: chefwandachau@hotmail.com or 604.307.1802

Wednesday, December 8

Chai Spiced Nuts!

Chai Spiced Nuts is definitely one of our most popular items. If you're a regular at the Baker's Market and you like nuts, you would have probably tasted it and enjoyed it! This is how it's made with a great adapted recipe of Chef Karen Barnaby's. I start off with getting the best quality nuts I can find; whole almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnut halves and pecan halves. I pick through all the nuts, and take out the broken pieces during transporting. I coat all them with egg white I've beaten until frothy, then stir in the sugar and spices mixture which includes cinnamon, cardamom,cloves, ginger, fennel seeds, nutmeg, black pepper and sea salt and unsweetened shredded coconut. I stir until all the nuts are evenly coated. Bake in the oven at 350F for 20 minutes. Yum! Yum! Chai Spiced Nuts is my best pick for nibbles for the holiday season!