Come see us at One of a Kind Show Vancouver!
December 8-11 Vancouver Convention Center

About Me

My photo
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm a professionally-trained certified chef and I bake at home to order, teach cooking classes, cater parties, provide private chef service. Please simply click into link on your left to view my most recent menu. Feel free to contact me to enquire or order: chefwandachau@hotmail.com or 604.307.1802

Friday, September 4

Chicken oatmeal I didn't invent...

I'm thrilled that Chef Karen Barnaby mentioned about my chicken oatmeal on her Vancouver Sun Column on Wednesday, however she said that I invented it and I think I should make a clarification here. I did NOT invent chicken oatmeal but I stole the idea from Quaker, Asia. Instant oatmeal have been extremely popular in Hong Kong just like instant noodles. When I was there in 2007, I found a huge variety of instant oatmeal available in grocery stores, in both sweet and savory flavors. We bought a few of the savory ones to try, they were all rather tasty however they all contain artificial ingredients in them like MSG. I decided to come home and start making my own simply with rolled oats, water, chicken, broth and cream, salt and pepper. My husband and I are still in love with my version of chicken oatmeal, we eat it for breakfast very often, sometimes with a sprinkle of ground flax.http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Karen+Barnaby+stalks+missing+meal+breakfast/1951977/story.html